Edality runs signal integrity and power integrity simulations upon request for dozens of partners all over the world. But before we start working, it is important to correctly evaluate the scope and agree on the schedule of delivery.
For making a good estimation of SI/PI analysis the following set of data is just sufficient enough:
- Actual ODB data (PCB manufacturing files)
- High-level block diagram, schematic design (in PDF)
- List of the interfaces that have to be verified within SI simulations, frequencies that have to be applied to these interfaces during simulations
- List of the circuits/plains requiring PI analysis, expected level of currents for each
After specialists of Edality receive this information the estimation of the scope can be provided within 1-2 working days. It covers the whole signal integrity and power integrity analysis cycle, which includes a few standard phases:
- Configuring simulation environment of HyperLynx (see how to make it faster with Connector app if you are using Altium for PCB design)
- Running various simulations
- Collecting data in the report
To start SI and PI simulations we need additional data from a Customer:
- Stackup information
- All the available IBIS (IBIS AMI if available) models
Finally, we a ready to start!